SHEBOYGAN, Wisconsin (WFRV) – On Thursday it was about the celebrities of Whistling Straits.
Playing in three groups of four, they played 11 holes.
“The energy is great. People are having a good time. I made about 50 new friends on the way to the trek today, ”says John Wilinski, originally from Wisconsin. “It’s great to see a home game, the people of Wisconsin and the American fans. Let’s just put it this way, I think we have an advantage on the pitch.
Some fans, like Wilinkski, take a special trip just to see who was playing. One of the favorites was comedian and actor Rob Riggle, as well as former Packers player AJ Hawk.
For others, it was the opportunity to see the course as they had never seen it before.
“That’s good. What a great class this is. You talk about a challenge. I wouldn’t want to play it,” jokes Ron Meyer.
He’s someone who knows a thing or two about the power of the stars on the fairway.
“In 1971, I was selected to be one of the Ryder Cup caddies in St. Louis, Missouri. It was a drawing. The first name drawn was Arnold Palmer. The second name drawn was Ron Meyer, ”he told Barrett Tryon of Local 5.
Despite the fact that Team USA lost the celebrity game, everyone had fun.
American Celebrity Team List:
- 1980 Captain of the US Olympic hockey team and gold medalist Mike Eurzione
- Former Green Bay Packers linebacker / Super Bowl XLV Champion AJ Hawk
- American Olympic gold medalist speed skater Dan Jansen
- Actor, comedian and former US Marine Corps officer Rob Riggle
- Kelly Slater, 11 times World Surfing Champion
- WWE NXT Wrestler, Bodybuilder and Model Mandy Rose
European Celebrity Team List:
- Italian football legend and World Cup champion Alessandro Del Piero
- Actor and Musician Tom felton
- Toni Kukoc, former Chicago Bulls star and three-time NBA champion
- Former NHL star, 6-time Olympian and Stanley Cup champion Teemu Selanne
- Actress Stéphanie Szostak
- Former NBA player and two-time NBA champion Sasha Vujacic